2008年1月3日星期四

what do you see in things?

Today is the 3rd day of 2008. Ven MG gave us a very spiritual speech yesterday, remembering us on our cultivation in the daily life, even the small things. I opted to sweep the main shrine hall today as I feel that it may not be swept yesterday since it was dirty. Then I realise that the things may not what I saw. It was dirty here, but clean over there. there is only some dust and I tot it was so dirty. Sometimes, when we look at a person or something, we would tend to see the ugly side, giving comments that this person is ugly or this thing is dirty. But we always forgot about the clean side.

I remembered some management guy told me before "as manager, we tend to look at other's flaws. We are employed to find faults". Ajahan Brahmn once told a story about the 100 bricks he made. There were two bricks which are not in line. He saw them everytime whenever he walked past. Until one day he realised the 98.

I am still learning to see things as they are: both the good and ugly side. As for people, I choose to see the goodness first as the flaws may arise defilements in me. So SY (my swallow sister), I decided to give a good look at SH and your CIO when i return :P to test my viewing of goodness.. hahahahahaha

没有评论: