2008年1月26日星期六

Trip to Hua Lian - Day 1

JF was suggesting to HS and I that we could visit Hua lian this holiday and could stay @ a "min-shu" (a hotel hosted by a family). HS and I was considering then. We both wanted to go hua lian quite strongly. I promised HS that I would bring her to Hualian if she can complete her report. Surprisingly, she did it in one day time. Anyway, even if she cannot complete, we would still go. As if an answer from bodhisattva - Ven YD invited us to go with her to hualian last sunday when we were having meal. She was so eager to bring us along, so we agreed.

On monday, after we helped JL with her heavy luggage to the airport, we went to buy the train tics from Hualien to Jiaosi. It was a fun day once again. JL was so touched and so did we. When we came back, TS told us that Ven YD had arranged everything including a personal tour guide. Ven YD also reminded me on her plan. I was indeed very grateful and honoured.

The trip to hualien took us quite some time but it was interesting as the scenery is awesome. HS and I were at the back and we were like being chaffeured. Heehee.. Ven YD was driving very safely. We were in safe hands and I dozed off quite a few times. HS took good care of me once again.

When we reached the "Yue Guang Temple" (Moon light temple), we were treated like VIP as everyone respected Ven YD and treated us very well. We were seated in a special table with the in-charge (dang jia) of the temple and the seat reserved for Master XY.

Before we bidded Ven YD goodbye, we took group photos with ven YD and the in-charge ven JX. The room given to us was superior - two beds with a good view of the farm which is owned by the temple. We took a lot of photos in the temple and I got a chance to play with the bicycle.

The first destination of our tour is the Seven Star Lake (QI xin tan). It was so cool. HS and I behaved like kids again and collected a lot of stones for our classmates. It was quite an experience for us to play in the beach alone as if we booked the beach exclusively for ourselves. The tides were so strong. HS was a little afriad but with me around, she steadily picked up all the beautiful stones.

The next destination was the "Li yu Tan". It was a romantic place. Due to time constraints we couldn't try the boat but I promised HS that we would do it if we come the next time. Well, we took a lot of photos again. The Sister who was our tour guide was shy. But i managed to capture her in some pics.

On knowing that HS was previously from TC (I told the tour guide), the sister brought us to see the TC hospital and the village. It was so grand. The new hospital was so new. I think the patients would love it. HS was so happy - I can see from her eyes but we didn't take any photos on the hospital. HS said she will remember this moment we were around this village in her heart. So heart warming although I think maybe she will forget one day if she has "Lao Ren Chi Dai" (senile).

On our way back to the temple for dinner, the sister wake me up by a scream of saying "no smelly tofu today". Ven YD has requested them to bring us to eat the smelly tofu after knowing we love it. Ven JX also recommended the vegetarian oyster mee suan. But well, the shop was not opened. I didn't mind at all as I was sleepy. She gave me a shock. I think HS saw my expression and was secretly laughing.

The sister also brought us to drink chinese tea @ the chairperson of BLIA newly opened shop. It was our first time visiting a shophouse in taiwan. The shop was so new and clean. The chairperson invited us to see her newly established Buddhist shrine in her home. It was so solemn and the home was so superior. I think she is a rich woman. cool, she supports our BLIA so I am very grateful to her. We even got discount for a unique water bottle which can brew chinese tea too. I will show to my classmates when we come back for school. HS bought for her sister and agreed to share mine so that we both can drink chinese tea becos' she cares for me as she said my heart may not be able to take too much coffee. I know she loves coffee very much (like I do too). It was such a sacrifice for her. :) Thank you Sister!

After dinner @ the temple (the dinner was so delicious , we both felt like VIP), the sister brought us to a shop to buy fresh and affordable local delicacies. The temple bought a lot for us to bring back to the GYG. It was so touching as we all know the temple may need a lot of funds to finish its construction. We were really very touched and grateful.

After the shopping, we went to the stone speciality street. The stones were so nice but expensive. In the end, we managed to find some affordable ones for HS's dad, XQ (our dearest sis in singapore) and myself. :D We were so attracted by the almost-naked dance of the tribes (the male dancers were so sexy). It was cold and we felt so cold for them as they only wore two pieces of cloth covering their vital parts. Wow... it is so hard to earn money these days.

The night ended well with both of us bathed and the shampoo smelt of incense. It was so nice. Reminded us of SY's washing powder. We flipped our hair so that both of us can smell it. We slept so well on the first night.

没有评论: