2008年1月11日星期五

Truth

How many people can really accept the truth when it was told?

I pondered over this question while working on my thesis proposal (still blank)It makes me think of the story of the king whose subjects are all poisoned by the well water, which make them think that the truth is falsity and the falsity is truth. The ending was sad, the king also drank that poison after he found that it is useless to talk to the subject. A show of giving up? or joining the mass?

For me, I rather like to hear the rare truth though it is hurting or not. I remember how some relationship were broken by me when I knew the friends were not truthful. I think it hurts both of us but during that time, to me, relationships are built on trust. But how much truth in there in the things told and untold? I wonder if I were the king. Would I also drink the poison and give it up? Nope, not yet, as I am still studying here. Until the day if I ever give up, then probably I will join back the mass. May this day never comes. If i return to the masses again, may I have enough strength to overcome the poison before I go back.

没有评论: