2008年1月29日星期二

third night in singapore

finally settled down to write my blog again.

I must say I am very touched to see the FGS youths @ the airport last sunday to fetch HS and me. XQ, SD, YY, VIC, DAVID, XL, really thanks. It is a nice feeling to see you all again.

First night in singapore i slept with my mum. It has been a long time I ever slept with her. We chatted till 3 am + . I was quite worried as my mum is quite old and if she can take it. Well, she is better in health than me. :)

HS advised me to take the bus with my mum to accompany her to CBBS. The trip was really nice. She kept toking non-stop to me. Somehow, I felt that I have not been a good daughter to her. Luckily my mum is such a independent person. She would be happy just to hear the venerables talk and chant Amitabha.

I am blessed to have such a mum. She asked when I would become a nun (it is her wish to see me to be a nun too) and was disappointed to hear that I would not have a chance to be within the 2 years of study. It is a miracle that my mum and my aunties are very supportive when i opted to leave my work and go for studies and to work in a Buddhism career. I guess, not many have such blessings. I hope i won't disappoint them.

I spent my monday noon to taste HS's cooking. She is a good cook. Her food is delicious. :) I wanted to learn from her but she kept asking me to sit and watch tv while she cooks. I don't know if there is chance in future to taste her cooking, so I enjoyed every bite of the food so that I will remember the taste.

I slept with my sis on the second night. we chatted once again for quite long. My sister is really a nice sister. She is fierce in the front but has a good heart. Sometimes, I felt that I am so selfish to leave her taking care of mum. But I think mum is in good hand. This consoles me to be able to go back to GYG my second home when time is up.

Today, I went to FGS s'pore to help. I had my first morning puja @ new premise. Ven MM is forever so compassionate. I am also very honoured to walk besides ven MK who is also my idol to hear her telling me what to do. I think 3 weeks is short but I will do my best to help the chang-zhu. It was becos' of them, I got to the best school in the world and to fulfil my dream.

It would be a challenge to balance this work and my "re-union" with the pig and dogs friends and my buddies. Invitations are out to meet up for meals, go KTV etc. I hope I won't disappoint any of them.

I wonder how JL, YW, SY, DJ, HY and SF are doing now. Probably they are busy helping out in their FGS premises too, or enjoying their holidays. Really miss them. Probably it is becos' we will see each other EVERYDAY. Now, we don't really know each others' wellbeing. Nevertheless, may they be well and happy.

I heard a very nice story today, I like to keep it as a memory as I know my memories are falling apart (well, SM and GT, my old illness is back again, I start to lose selective memories again :( ).

----- Story of the Tea Leaves -----

have you ever noticed the changes to the tea leaves when they are put in water?

first, we know there are different grades of the tea leaves for those who are in the higher ground are of better grade.

When we drink tea, we must be extra careful when using the types of tea cups. Different tea cups would either spoil or enhance the taste for poor graded leaves.

the initial look @ the tea leaves before putting into the water will tell you it is curled and dry. the size of the leaves look small. the first cup would require a lot of preparation work. The second cup would taste stronger and better and the smell is intense. But when we finish drinking and look into the pot, we would smell the best smell of the tea. And the leaves are wet and bloated and grow in size.

She told us, tea leaves are like us. When we come to a new place, we must be smaller to be able to learn. just like the concept of the empty cup. when we got familiar with the environment, we grew bigger and stronger and will be able to "smell" like the tea pot. Also , our heart would be softer, able to be more compassionate. We should target to be better grade tea leaves, so that we are able to mount into different environment without letting it to spoil our cultivation.

I hope to become a tea leave too. Not only to have a more compassionate heart, but to be able to bring good smell to others. To be able to be adaptive enough to fit any environment. There would be still a lot of learnings. Thank you, teacher. May you be well and happy no matter where you are and will be. Like what you said, if we believe in affinity, we would be able to see each other again.

没有评论: