2007年12月6日星期四

Who do you live for?

This morning, after cleaning up the hall, I met Ven. MM. Once again, we drew the "Fo Guang Fa Yu". Ven MM is a good interpreter of the "Fo Guang Fa Yu". I asked a new question today. Normally I only have one question in mind but got different varieties of answers which are quite similar. Today, my mind is occupied by another matter. She interpreted the lot and told me the poem is asking me not to think too much of the matter. Emm, probably like what i always said "天下本无事,庸人自扰之”. Now it applies to me.

Ven MM asked me a question "Who do you live for?" I pondered and said "I don't know" for I dun think I am right to say I live for myself nor for sentient beings. Seems like she can read my thoughts. So she explained to me if I were to say I live for sentient beings, I have not let go my self-ego. If I were to say for myself, that is certainly a high ego.

I am thankful to all these "masters" I have met. Esp, Ven MM, Ven MJ, TS, HS and YW. They are really the bodhisattrvas in my path, correcting my mistakes and making me a better person. Time to get back to work! Chao!

没有评论: