2007年12月28日星期五

Rebirth

rebirth. that's what happened to my laptop a few days ago. It was a drastic experience for me. My whole computer crashed. I guess it is becos' of all those "beloved" viruses I got from various sources. To test the manual removal (thorough cleaning), I accidentally deleted a system file. Then the laptop can't boot. With no clear thoughts, I used the manufacturer's recovery cd (not windows recovery) and foolishly I click "yes" twice to "recover" to the manufacturing stage.

Sigh, big mistake. My two completed reports and many of the recent photos are gone. :( No recovery tool can help after this stupid mistake as it departitioned, partitioned and put the laptop to new born stage. I was so pissed of myself. When HS came in, she saw that I was not very happy and I broke down to tell her my stupid mistake. She consoled me and told me not to think so much. I am glad she was there when I need someone to complain about my stupid act. Well, not many knew my laptop has reincarnated. Some tot I was ill on monday. I tried to behave properly but it hurts.. for the fact that the mistake is made very own by myself. And worse still, there are some data that the teacher shared with us and I have not copied to the shared PC.

during the attempts to recover, my thoughts wandered. I tot, this is like our own rebirth. So much so that we might not want to be reborn even though initially we made the mistake of wanting to reborn, but it was too late. We went through the life once again and relearn what we learnt before in our past lifes. Restart again .... So sicko :( Of course, the relearning is never going to be the same as what we learnt in past lifes. Just like the reports I have redone. Quality? It would depend on us whether we want our lives to be better or worse.

Now, back on track to take care of my this little bf (according to HS, this is my precious BF). I hope this will not happen to anyone else again.

没有评论: