2007年6月14日星期四

Why did I name myself Joyce?


I decided to write this in English. Well, because I don't know what Joyce is in Chinese.

Last evening, HS asked me why I am named Joyce. :) Well, because I need an English name at work for the ang-mohs and the potatoes who couldn't pronounce my Dialect name properly.

Why Joyce then?

Because I am not a happy person. I am quite a pessimistic person frankly. I saw more suffering in life than happiness. People around me especially. I hope with this name, I can remind myself to be happier and bring happiness to people around me.

That's all.

Emm, maybe I should start asking David why he is named David. David, it is your turn. Hope to see in your blog.

1 条评论:

David (AKK) 说...

Hmm... there is nothing special abt my Christian name "DAVID"...

This was given by my ex-collegue coz they had difficulties to pronouce my chinese name...

They gave me several of namelist to choose, but I choose this coz its much common & much easier to remember me... hehe :)