2007年10月13日星期六

Virus Scanning

emm, never know that I will spend my saturday afternoon like this. :( Hee... Ven YD caught hold of me a few days ago to help her to update the virus scan file. I thought it would be an easy job and thus agreed to meet her on weekend to do. Sigh, I didn't know her laptop is infected with viruses and not just one but a few. I am now spending my time to scan and repair for her.


Actually, I tot ven YD is a very fierce person but in the contrasy, She is a very nice venerable, I realised. Knowing I am bored waiting to scan the virus, setting up the network (her wireless is unstable like mine), she shared a powerpoint presentation with me telling me how to do surveys for research purposes.

I didn't know some teams can really find time to do surveying and publish it. I am really impressed but I don't think I can do such surveys - no strength, no time.

Also saw YY's article, so proud of her to be able to write out her feelings and thoughts. Well, I see that she is a very fortunate person, like what Ven. MS said, not everyone knows his or her weaknesses. I think she is very fortunate to find them and to overcome them. Everyone of us is in the stage of recovering our true "self" but everyone has blind spots.

To tell someone sincerely his/her blind spot is to help; but to really help oneself, there is no other person than oneself. :)

Sometimes, we really spend too much time chasing the wrong things in life. These things are impermanent - cause pain when you lose it. We didn't know what we are chasing until the very last breath. What we lose, we have lost. I guess it is time to pick up from where we fall and move on. Life is not just about the wrong things. Bad experience makes us grow, while the good one may not be good. Friends are not really friends; foes are not really foes.

Maybe, having virus is also a good thing. It would teach us to be cautious while downloading things from forwarders. Can the virus scan be quicker... there is 4 hours plus to go :( :( :(

没有评论: