2008年1月1日星期二

Fun Steamboat Dinner @ Home

Emm, the day didn't end miserably :) I heard about the steamboat from TS yesterday. Hee... so I didn't eat full during breakfast and lunch. Heehee.. it was fun helping in the kitchen. SY, HS, SF, TS, YW, HY and I were helping here and there. I was assigned to cut the tang huan (the transparent noodle like thingy). The teacher was shocked when she saw me soaking them for quite some time. I forgot to tell her I only know how to cook western and japanese food. Not many chinese dishes. I also dunno when the tang huan can be removed. So must well let them stay longer in water. Kekeke.

Then I was assigned with HS to defroze and place the yellow noodles on the plate. Like waiting for the eggs to be lay, we waited and waited. Then I used some strength to assist the thawing process. HS went to cut carrot. So I used more strength. Luckily Mother Zhi never saw me else I will get another scolding. SY joined me to wait for the defrozing too. Then we start to quicken the thawing by using much strength to force apart. When Mother Zhi turned, we stopped and pretended to wait. Heehee.. so notti of us.

The steamboat is fun. We got most of the buddies on the table - SF, SY, JL, TS, HS and I and also two pretty undergrads and Ven MX. We wanted to get Yawen as well but she is on duty so too bad :P I am sure she is in good hands with ven. MD around. And lots of fun too. We had a great time with ven MX. I showed her my notti side, cracking jokes that she cannot stop laffing. luckily the rest of the teachers were on the other side of the room. It was so fun. Most of us had a good laff. YY was very nice, going around to ask if anyone wanted sarsi. JL gave me a few sips too. :) I don't want to drink a lot.. cos' it is not healthy for me esp given my not-so-healthy condition now. HS and TS have done a great job helping me :) Thanks pals!

Ven MX asked me where i want to go next life. I told her without much thoughts, hell and that I wanted to help the Di Zang Pu Sa. well, that was a dream when i was young and first heard about him. Suddenly, it just slipped out of my mouth. Then I asked Ven MX, of course as a humanistic practitioner, she opted to come back to help Master Xingyun. So I commented, " emm, then you must work hard" ... kekeeke.. she broke into laughter. I told her seriously " I will visit you on earth when i am freer too :P. You must come and visit me too". kekekeke.. SY and JL laffed non-stop esp JL.

the dinner ended with a toast of soup by everyone of us at our table. It was a silly thing to do but quite fun. I think our table had most of the fun and most of the food. esp with the honour of having one teacher at our table. Other student tables don't have such privilege. :P Ven MX is really a kind teacher. She is fun to be with too. Emm, hopefully we can have meals with her soon again.

没有评论: